Best ways to save the environment with personal efforts
|best ways to save the environment with personal efforts, source via - google search, what's trending|
Thankfully many people in the world are concerned about the environment and adopting green.
People are always eager to implement their own green techniques in order to do their part to conserve our precious home-world.
Below are some few things which you can do and are the Best ways to save the environment with personal efforts.
1) Clean the air filter of your air conditioner at least once in two months, and if you have central air conditioner then close vents in unwanted rooms.
2) Lower the thermostat on your water heater to a reasonable temperature like 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Turn off your water heater when you not at home.
4) Turn off the un-needed light at your home or workplace.
5) Set your refrigerator temperature to the desired level which maintains freshness and also help in preserving energy.
6) Clean the lint filter in your dryer after every load so that it uses less energy to remove said lint.
7) Keep your appliances unplugged if they not in use, even if the switch is off and appliance are plugged in it will use the energy.
8) Use a microwave instead of the old and traditional oven this is the Best ways to save the environment with personal efforts.
9) Wash clothes with cold water and not hot water.
10) Whenever you purchase an appliance try to see the star rating energy levels, more starts more electric savings.
11) Use LED bulbs at your house this will help you drop down your electricity bills.
12) Plant trees around our house which will leave a cooling atmosphere and also help the environment.
13) Buy green electricity if it is available around you, electricity which is conducted by using minimal or zero pollution facilities.
B) HOME- REDUCE TOXICITY.
1) There are many items at your place which will be using mercury, eliminate those items.
2) Purchase green products for cleaning your house and not chemical hazardous products this is the Best ways to save the environment with personal efforts.
3) When no good alternatives exist to a toxic item, find the least amount required for an effective, sanitary result.
4) If you have lead-based paint, cover it with wallpaper or other material instead of sanding it or burning it off.
5) Use traps for rat and mouse rather than using toxic and harmful insecticides.
6) Use cedar chips or aromatic herbs instead of mothballs.
C) WAY TO PROTECT AIR.
1) Report smoking vehicles to your local air agency.
2) Burn seasoned wood – it burns cleaner than green wood.
3) Use solar power for the heating purpose this is the Best ways to save the environment with personal efforts.
4) Paint with brushes or rollers instead of using spray paints to minimize harmful emissions.
5) Join a carpool to get to work.
D) WAYS TO USE LESS WATER.
1) Check and fix water leaks for the pipe hidden under ground or in basements.
2) Install water-saving devices on your toilets.
3) Don't wash dishes with continues water tap on.
4) install a low flow shower head.
5) Replace your old toilets as new ones use much less water than the old ones.
6) Turn off washing machine water supply when not in need, to avoid leaks.
7) Never dump anything down a storm drain.